Ways to Help Our Sponsors Dog Park Other Services Events Contact
Home Available Pets Surrender Lost Pet Board Staff


725 S. 32nd Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501

We receive numerous calls from frantic owners that have lost their pets. Many do not know where to turn, so they call us right away. Any lost/stray dogs and cats in Webster County must go through Animal Control, where they will be taken to Town and Country Vet Clinic, which serves as the city and county pound.

Please call Animal Control at 515-573-2323 to report your pet missing. This is the police station and they will take your information and have Animal Control call you. Next, please call Town and Country Vet Clinic at 515-955-8591. It is also a good idea to call your vet clinic and other local vet clinics in case someone finds your pet and contacts them. Most vet clinics have a bulletin board where you can place notes about your lost pets.

Be sure that your pet wears a collar and tags with your current telephone number and address. This could be his ticket home. You can make new tags right in our front lobby if needed!

Another useful identification method is to get your pet micro-chipped. This quick procedure is fairly inexpensive and best of all, it is permanent. Collars and tags can be lost but the microchip is implanted into your pet. Most shelters and pounds scan all incoming animals to check the microchips. We can micro-chip your animal for $40. This includes lifetime registration for the chip and many other great features!

Depending on our available space, the animals that are not claimed by their owners at Town and Country Vet Clinic will come to the shelter and be placed up for adoption to find their new forever homes!!

Lost Pets